There are multiple groups and organisations in Wollongong that provide information, advice, advocacy and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in our area.
Some of the Illawarra's local services are listed below.
Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation (IAC)
22 Kenny Street, Wollongong
Call (02) 4228 1585
Visit the IAC website.
Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service
150 Church Street, Wollongong
Call (02) 4229 9495
Visit the Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service website.
Illawarra Koori Men's Support Group
PO Box 1136, Albion Park Rail NSW 2527
Call (02) 4256 9385 or email the Manager.
Myimbarr Aboriginal Child, Youth and Family Services
100-102 Auburn Street, Wollongong
Call (02) 4211 0601.
Noogaleek Children's Centre
Cnr Denniss Street and Winnima Way, Berkeley
Call (02) 4271 8468
Visit the Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation website for information about Noogaleek Children's Centre.
Wollongong Northern Districts Aboriginal Community
Call 0415 566 898.
For more information about local Aboriginal history and culture, including Traditional Custodian Groups, knowledge holders and local Language, please email or call Council’s Aboriginal Community Development Officer on (02) 4227 7111.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City
- Electrify Wollongong