Wollongong Youth Week Awards 2023
Our Wollongong Youth Week Awards ceremony will be held in Youth Week, April 2023.
The Wollongong Youth Week Awards acknowledge and highlight the achievements and efforts of young people in the Wollongong Local Government Area.
Do you know someone aged 12-24, who you believe deserves an award for their contribution as a young person? Fill out an application today!
Award finalists will attend our Wollongong Youth Week Awards ceremony, and receive their very own Wollongong Youth Awards Certificate and prize.
Who can be nominated
These awards are open to young people who are:
- Aged 12 - 24, and
- Residents of the Wollongong Local Government Area.
There are eight categories for these awards:
- Young Person - Volunteer 2023
- Young Person - Sportsperson 2023
- Young Person - Performer 2023
- Young Person - Artist 2023
- Young Person - Community Ambassador 2023
- Young Person - Environmentalist 2023
- Young Person - Small Business 2023
- Young Person - Innovator 2023.
How to apply
Use the button below to apply on behalf of a young person.
You'll need to include the following in your application:
- Your details
- The nominee's full name, preferred name, age, gender, pronouns, and contact details
- The category your nomination applies to
- A brief description and information about why you're nominating the young person for the award.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City