Assistance for Sports Clubs and Associations
We help sports clubs and associations that use Council sportsgrounds to look after and improve their facilities.
Council part-funds approved projects, with additional funding by clubs, peak bodies and/or government programs.
Our Sports Facilities Grants supports our Sportsgrounds and Sporting Facilities Strategy PDF, 1009.57 KB by funding small and medium-sized projects that:
- Increase sportsground capacity
- Renew and enhance existing sporting infrastructure, with a focus on gender equity, accessibility and storage
- Invest in infrastructure to support and accommodate emerging sports and independent recreational pursuits.
Applications for this program are open until Friday 31 July 2020.
Make sure you read the program details below, then use the application form to apply.
This project is open to incorporated, not for profit sporting clubs that are based or operating within the City of Wollongong on land categorised as sportsground.
Grants range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $100,000, excluding GST.
Examples of projects that may be eligible for support through this program include:
- Minor refurbishment of amenities / change rooms focusing on gender equity
- Storage facilities
- Seating and portable grandstands
- Upgrade of canteen (excluding appliances)
- Fencing improvements
- Score boards
- Sports field light globe replacement (like-for-like replacement)
- Aeration, top-dressing and turf improvements such as fertilising, spraying etc
- Resurfacing and drainage
- Ground Irrigation
- Water and bottle refill stations.
The following activities are not eligible for support through this program:
- Projects on private land or Council land not categorised as a Sportsground
- Construction projects without Development Consent
- Project proposals that do not meet applicable Building Codes or Australian standards
- New sportsfield lighting projects
- Expenses for external marketing, advertising products, or event promotion
- Training courses, uniforms, safety apparel, end of year celebrations and trophies.
You will need to attach supporting documents to your applications. These include:
- A letter of support from the club or existing users of the sportsground
- A letter of support from the peak body / sports association, noting its support and alignment to increasing sports participation
- Formal written quotations to align with Council's procurement requirements.
All applications must be submitted on the application form PDF, 105.64 KB.
Applications will be assessed against a set criteria including how the project:
- Increases sports participation opportunities
- Increases sports participation opportunities for females
- Increases sports participation opportunities for juniors, the ageing population. or disadvantaged members of the community
- Provides opportunities for shared use of facilities to other user groups
- Addresses current challenges / shortfalls to your sport
- Directly impacts your sport at a local/ district and regional level if the project doesn’t proceed.
Assessments will be made by representatives of Council’s Sports and Facilities Reference Group, and ranked to determine the priority of any grant funding.
All successful applicants will be required to sign a funding agreement with Council. Projects must be completed by in accordance with the funding agreement requirements.
|Applications open||23 June 2020|
|Applications close||31 July 2020|
|Applications assessed||August 2020|
|Applicants advised of outcome||From 1 September 2020|
|Funding agreements to be signed and returned to Council||23 October 2020|
|Funding available to successful applicants||From November 2020.|
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details