Our Floodplain Risk Management Committees give advice to Council on the preparation and implementation of flood management plans for catchments within the Wollongong Local Government Area (LGA). The Committees include people interested in the sustainable management of floodplains in our area.
There is one committee each for our northern, central and southern areas.
You can read more about these groups in the Floodplain Risk Management Committees Charter PDF, 189.87 KB.
Members of each Floodplain Risk Management Committee include:
- Up to three Councillors
- Council staff with engineering, planning and environmental skills to give technical advice as needed
- Representatives from relevant State Government agencies, like the State Emergency Service (SES), Office of Environment and Heritage and Transport for NSW.
- Representatives of relevant industry bodies
- Local community representatives, including land owners, flood action groups and environmental groups
- Guests who provide specialist advice as needed.
The Northern Area Floodplain Risk Management Committee covers the Hewitt’s Creek, Collins Creek, Northern Suburbs and Towradgi catchments.
The Central Area Floodplain Risk Management Committee covers the Fairy and Cabbage Tree Creeks, Wollongong City and Allans Creek catchments.
The Southern Area Floodplain Risk Management Committee covers the Minnegang Creek, Mullet Creek, Brooks Creek, Lake Illawarra and Duck Creek catchments.
- Your Council Officials
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Data Breach Public Notification Register
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register (Application Tracking)
- Development Approvals
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra CMP Implementation Group
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land