Are you a high school student looking for an opportunity to develop skills in the workplace?
Council is offering multiple work experience opportunities during Terms 2, 3 and 4 during 2020 for high school students in Years 10, 11 or 12. The experience will help you gain valuable on-the-job training in a range of Council functions.
We're looking for students who:
- Have an interest in working in local government
- Are motivated and keen to learn
- Can follow instructions and take direction
- Communicate well and are team players
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Work Health and Safety principles
How to Apply
To apply for these placements you will need to download the School Work Experience Application Form PDF, 149.5 KB and an information package XLSX, 20.48 KB. The information package includes a timeline and information on the placement duties, requirements and date/s of placement/s offered.
You will need to complete and sign the School Work Experience Application Form and then email this to Council. You are required to nominate three preferences from the Profiles listed and explain how you meet the requirements of the work experience placements you are applying for.
Your Careers Adviser is to sign the School Work Experience Application Form before you email to Council. Your Carers Advisers are to confirm that you are prepared for the workplace and are capable of fulfilling the duties of the nominated work experience placements.
Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity.
Important things to Note
Applications which do not answer all the questions on the application form will not be considered.
We DO NOT accept any paper copies of applications. All applications must use the School Work Experience Application Form and be submitted via email
Representatives of the Illawarra Careers Advisers Network will assess applications and assign students to the work experience placements. Council reserves the right to cancel an assigned placement if the fully signed Student Placement Record is not received at least two weeks before the start date of the placement.
Please contact your school's Careers Adviser with any questions about these work experience opportunities.
Applications close 12pm on Monday, 16 March 2020.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land