Known as the Grand Pacific Walk, this pathway follows the Grand Pacific Drive route.
This project will take many years and is being done in stages.
We need to build new paths in some areas that are very challenging, like steep cliffs and headlands overlooking the ocean. The new sections will link in with our existing bike tracks and pathways where possible.
We've recently built several new sections of path between Stanwell Park and Seacliff Bridge: see the 'Completed work' section below for details.
You can read more about this project in the Grand Pacific Walk Vision Report and Master Plan PDF, 2898.09 KB.
- Stoney Creek to Coalcliff Station. Work in this area included pedestrian safety upgrades around the station, removal of a sharp curve in the road for sight lines, and a new bus bay and pedestrian refuge. A new pedestrian bridge was also built over Stoney Creek.
- Coalcliff Station to Lower Coast Road. We created a new shared path, bridges over the crossing creeks, and a spectacular new boardwalk and ramp to make the most of ocean views.
- Lower Coast Road and Murrawal Road to Lawrence Hargrave Drive. A new footpath was built along the full length of the road, and we added on-road cycle facilities.
- Murrawal Road and Lawrence Hargrave Drive to Station Street, Stanwell Park. We replaced the narrow footpath with a full width shared path and safety rails. We also added paving, a pedestrian crossing, more parking, and directional and heritage signs at Stanwell Park.
- COVID-Safe Construction Plans
- Current Works and Projects
- Ongoing Projects
- Future Works and Projects
- Road Resurfacing
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
- Sustainability at Council