You can report some types of water and air pollution issues to us.
You can report these types of residential air pollution to Council:
- Spray painting
- Smoke and nuisance burning
- Wood heaters.
We will also investigate air pollution caused by:
- Small or medium sized businesses
- Odours from a small business, restaurant or food outlet
Call (02) 4227 7111 or use the button below to report air pollution.
Air pollution from industrial sites
You can report air pollution from large industrial sites like mines or ports to the NSW EPA on 131 555.
What else you can do about air pollution
Besides reporting air pollution to Council, you can try these options:
- Talk to your neighbour or the person causing the air pollution.
- For help talking with your neighbour, contact the Community Justice Centre.
- If you’ve tried different ways to fix the problem and this hasn’t worked, you can seek legal advice about other action you might be able to take.
Pollution can enter our waterways and catchments directly, or through gutters and stormwater channels.
You can report water pollution caused by these types of materials to Council:
- Sediment like soil, sand, silt and mud
- Building waste
- Plant matter
- Paint or chemicals
Call (02) 4227 7111 or use the button below to report water pollution.
If the water pollution is an immediate threat to life, the environment or property it will be treated as a priority. In these cases, please call us on (02) 4227 7111.
See the NSW EPA website for a list of contacts for other types of water pollution issues.
What to include in your report
Please include as much information as you can to help us investigate your water pollution report, including:
- Details about the exact location of the problem. If it’s in a creek or waterway, describe the nearest cross street or property address.
- A description of any smells, slime, changes in water colour, or dead plants or fish nearby
- If you know or suspect who or what caused the pollution, include as many details as you can.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Sustainable Living