We have more than 1100 staff who provide quality services and facilities to the Wollongong community.
Around half of our workforce is based at our administration building in the CBD. We also have work sites spread across the city, including at depots, libraries, community centres, pools and beaches.
Wollongong is a great place to work and live. Find out more on our About Wollongong pages.
All of the work we do contributes to our Community Strategic Plan and our purpose: To create an extraordinary Wollongong.
We also have a set of staff values to guide us in working towards our goals:
- Integrity: honest and reliable
- Respect: inclusive and considerate
- Sustainable: use our community's resources responsibly
- One team: together we deliver excellent service
- Courage: challenge the norm to be better.
We value and look after our staff - both in the workplace, and outside work.
Flexible working hours and leave
Most of our staff can take advantage of flexible working hours and a generous leave allowance of 5 weeks per year for full time workers (and equivalent for part-time workers).
If you’re joining us from another council, you can also bring your existing leave entitlements with you.
Support for your wellbeing
Helping our staff stay healthy and happy is important to us.
Our in-house wellness program gives employees access to information and programs like exercise classes, subsidised gym membership, annual flu shots and healthy eating programs.
Council staff and their immediate family can access free, confidential counselling for work or personal issues through our Employee Assistance Program.
We also have generous sick leave provisions so staff can properly recover before they return to work.
Equity and Diversity
Our Employment Equity and Diversity program focuses on diversity, respect, equity and merit.
We encourage job applications from a diverse range of people, including those who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from diverse cultures, and people with a disability.
We’re also working to improve gender equity and increase the participation of women in local government, including in management and elected representative roles. We’ve earned a Silver Award from the 50:50 Vision – Councils for Gender Equity Program.
Our employees are encouraged to develop their professional and personal skills through training, networking, study and opportunities to learn new roles.
Commitment to safety
We actively involve our staff in programs that provide a safe and healthy working environment. This means we all take responsibility, every day, to improve safety for our staff and the wider community.
Read more in our Work Health and Safety (WHS) policy PDF, 145.67 KB.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land