Use the links below to report problems with traffic, parking or abandoned vehicles.
We can only respond to reports during normal business hours.
If you need help with an urgent traffic issue outside business hours, call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or Wollongong Highway Patrol on (02) 4283 0211.
We enforce parking rules to keep traffic flowing and safe for road users. Fines are issued to people who don’t follow the rules.
Parking issues you can report to us include:
- Car parked across driveways
- Parking that does not meet rules shown on a sign
- Illegal parking in clearways
- Car parked so it blocks another vehicle
- Parking on a footpath, nature strip, park or reserve
- Illegal parking in a school zone
- Parking in an accessible space (ie for people with a disability) without a Mobility Parking Scheme permit displayed.
If a parking issue is happening in business hours, it’s best to call us on (02) 4227 7111 so we can respond quickly.
You can also report issues online using the button below.
If a parking meter isn’t working, call the Parking Meter Fault Line on 1300 994 392.
You should purchase a ticket from the next nearest working meter.
If you have paid twice because of a faulty meter, you can get the cost of the second ticket refunded if you reported the fault. Fill in a Parking Meter Refund Request Form PDF, 32.47 KB and bring it with the original ticket to our Customer Service Centre at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong.
Council enforces rules for abandoned and unattended vehicles in line with the Public Spaces (Unattended Property) Act 2021.
This covers cars and similar vehicles, as well as caravans, boats and trailers.
See our Abandoned and Unattended Vehicles page to learn more.
If you believe a car or other vehicle has been abandoned or left unattended for more than the allowed time, use the button below to report it to us.
Traffic issues not managed by Council
Below are details of some traffic-related issues that we don't handle.
Enforcing speeding rules in managed by NSW Police.
To report a speeding issue, you can call the Police Assistance Line 131 444, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Concerns about noisy vehicles can be reported to the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) on 131 555.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City