The City of Wollongong Traffic Committee includes state and local groups working together to make decisions about traffic-related issues in our city.
This is not a Council-owned committee, but we coordinate the committee’s monthly meetings under authority from Transport for NSW.
You can read more about this group in the Traffic Committee Charter PDF, 113.77 KB.
Standard Conditions for Road Closures
Our Standard Conditions for Road Closures apply to all closures. The Traffic Committee may also impose additional conditions for each case.
Standard Conditions for Street Parties
If you’re holding a street party, you will need to follow the Standard Conditions for Street Parties. The Traffic Committee may also impose additional conditions for each case.
Members of the Traffic Committee include representatives from:
- NSW Police
- Transport for NSW
- Local State Member of Parliament (for the location of the issue being considered) or their representative
- One Council representative, who is also the meeting chairperson.
Additional Council staff, Councillors and representatives from local bus companies also attend Traffic Committee meetings, but don’t vote on group decisions.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land