Our Councillors meet regularly to make decisions about policies, services and important issues that affect Wollongong.
Council meetings are usually held every three weeks, except for school holidays. Meetings are held in the Council Chambers on Level 10 of our administration building at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong.
Anyone is welcome to come to Council meetings, or you can watch our meeting webcast.
People attending Council meetings are expected to follow our Public Gallery Conduct Standards.
See our Business Papers page for information about past and upcoming meeting topics.
Our Code of Meeting Practice PDF, 275.64 KB explains the rules about how Council meetings are run.
Members of the public can ask to speak at Council meetings. This is called our Public Access Forum. A limited number of places are available to speak at each meeting, and you need to apply before 12 noon on the working day before the meeting to take part.
For details see our Code of Meeting Practice policy PDF, 275.64 KB.
Use our Public Access Forum application form PDF, 89.48 KB to request to speak at an upcoming meeting.
Wollongong City Council supports all residents having equal access to our information, services and facilities.
Our Council Chamber is accessible for people with disability. We have a range of assistive services and technologies available, including:
- lift access
- accessible toilets
- spaces for people with wheelchairs in the public gallery
- infrared hearing system and portable receivers on request for people with hearing impairment.
- accessible parking spaces in our Administration Building car park (entry is from Stewart Street).
Please email or call us on (02) 4227 7111 if you have a request or question about attending our Council meetings.
Online access to meetings
We live-stream Council meetings online so you can access them without physically attending. This provides greater community access to Council decisions and debates.
As well as watching meetings live, our webcasting site has video and audio from previous meetings available on demand.
To watch a meeting live, or access the archive, visit our webcasting site.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Information Registers
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land