Our Councillors meet regularly to make decisions about policies, services and important issues that affect Wollongong.
Council meetings are usually held every three weeks, except for school holidays.
Council meetings will be held online during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Public Access Forum will be held remotely via phone during this period; please see below for application process.
The public will not be able to attend Council meetings in person until further notice. You can still watch meetings online via our webcast.
See our Business Papers page for information about past and upcoming meeting topics.
Our Code of Meeting Practice PDF, 280.83 KB explains the rules about how Council meetings are run.
Note: due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Public Access Forum will be held remotely via phone until further notice.
Members of the public can ask to speak at Council meetings. This is called our Public Access Forum.
A limited number of places are available to speak at each meeting.
To speak at a public forum, a person must first make an application to Council using our Public Access Forum application form PDF, 55.75 KB
Applications to speak at the public forum must be received by 12 noon on the working day before the date on which the public forum is to be held. Applications must identify the item of business on the meeting agenda which the person wishes to speak on, and whether they wish to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ the item.
Legal representatives acting on behalf of others are not permitted to speak at a public forum unless they identify their status as a legal representative when applying to speak at the public forum.
The General Manager or their delegate may refuse an application to speak at a public forum. No more than two speakers will be permitted to speak ‘for’ or ‘against’ each item of business on the agenda for the Council meeting
Each speaker will be allowed five minutes to address the Council. This will be strictly enforced by the chairperson.
For more details see our Code of Meeting Practice policy PDF, 280.83 KB.
Wollongong City Council supports all residents having equal access to our information, services and facilities.
Our Council Chamber is accessible for people with disability. We have a range of assistive services and technologies available, including:
- lift access
- accessible toilets
- spaces for people with wheelchairs in the public gallery
- infrared hearing system and portable receivers on request for people with hearing impairment.
- accessible parking spaces in our Administration Building car park (entry is from Stewart Street).
Please email or call us on (02) 4227 7111 if you have a request or question about attending our Council meetings.
Online access to meetings
We live-stream Council meetings online so you can access them without physically attending. This provides greater community access to Council decisions and debates.
As well as watching meetings live, our webcasting site has video and audio from previous meetings available on demand.
To watch a meeting live, or access the archive, visit our webcasting site.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land