Greenhouse Park is an environmental oasis just south of the Wollongong City Centre.
Based on the Tom Thumb Lagoon salt marsh, Greenhouse Park was used as a waste depot and builders’ tip from the 1940s to the 1980s. Since the 1990s, Council and a team of dedicated volunteers have worked to turn this site into a community green space.
Friends of Greenhouse Park are a community-based group of volunteers. They work to protect and enhance the remnant salt marsh, the Green and Golden Bell Frog ponds, native habitat for birds and animals, and community gardens.
Come along and be part of the transformation of this site, and learn more about the future plans for Greenhouse Park.
Visit Greenhouse Park
Greenhouse Park is accessible on foot at any time.
It also makes a great venue for team building activities. Email us or call (02) 4227 7111 to find out more.
Volunteer at Greenhouse Park
Greenhouse Park survives and thrives thanks to hard work by our volunteers. They regularly work between 7am and 2pm Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Volunteers help with planting, weeding and other manual tasks to keep the park in good shape. They also assist with research and education programs.
New volunteers are always welcome, and we’ll provide basic training to get you started.
If you have some spare time and would like to join our Greenhouse Park volunteers, email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Floods and Stormwater
- Coast and Waterways
- Trees and Plants
- Natural Areas
- Native Animals
- Pest Animals
- Climate Change
- Environmental Education
UCI Bike City
- 2022 UCI Road World Championships - Wollongong NSW
- Cringila Hills Mountain Bike Park
- Helensburgh Mountain Bike Park
- Illawarra Criterium Track and Velodrome
- Pop-Up Cycling Routes
- Separated Cycleways
- Using Our Shared Pathways
- Local Bike Tracks
- Info for Cyclists
- Planning for Cycling
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City