We're planting more trees across Wollongong to help cool and beautify our streets.
If you'd like a street tree on the public verge in front of your home, let us know!
How it works
- Contact us to request a free street tree in front of your home (using the form below).
- You can tell us what type you prefer: deciduous, evergreen, native or exotic. We'll select one or more trees for you, suited to your location.
- We don't just plant any tree! The trees we recommend are based on many factors at each location and will consider things like:
- power lines
- views/sight lines
- location of underground services
- soil type and condition
- width and depth of your verge
- traffic signals and signage visibility for road users
- adjacent land (e.g. natural areas) and much more.
Note: not all locations are suitable for a street tree. If a tree isn't suitable for your place, you can still create a verge garden.
- We'll come out and plant your new tree. This may take some time as we usually plant in autumn and spring when the trees have the best chance to thrive. Timing also depends on our ability to source different tree species.
- All we ask in return is for you to care for your tree, give it plenty of water while it settles in, and let us know if it needs a prune or doesn't look healthy.
Request your street tree
Use the button below, or call us on (02) 4227 7111.
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Our Environment
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City