Did you know 75% of land in Wollongong is private property? The remaining 25% is made up of our streets, park, natural areas and other public spaces.
You can make a difference
All our homes and gardens connect to create a huge amount of space. Have a think about what you can you do on your property to help create a healthier future.
- Grow more herbs or small flowering plants in pots on balconies and courtyards
- Create an edible or habitat garden
- Add more plants to your spaces, including local Illawarra or Australian natives
- Do you have space to plant a tree with a large canopy?
- Can you add a verge garden, vertical garden or even create a rooftop garden?
What else can you do?
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Our Environment
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City