Home Composting Workshops
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to Council's home composting suite of workshops, including Bokashi, Traditional Composting and Worm Farming.
Attending a Workshop
To attend one of the Workshops, you must:
- live in the Wollongong Local Government Area; and
- be at least 15 years of age.
If you are eligible, you will receive ONE free Giveaway Item at the end of the Workshop you attend.
- To be ‘eligible’ to receive a Giveaway Item, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- attend the full Workshop; and
- complete in full, and return to Council, the survey handed out at the end of the Workshop.
- If requested by Council, you must provide proof of your age.
- If you do not wish to accept the Giveaway Item, simply let the Council officer know. If you change your mind, and decide that you would like the Giveaway Item after all, please contact Council within 30 days of the date of the Workshop. You will be advised when you can attend Council’s Administration building, located at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong, to collect the Item.
- Despite clause 1 above, you are not eligible to receive a Giveaway Item if any of the following apply:
- you or a member of your household has received a Giveaway Item from any of the Workshops within the last 2 years; or
- you or a member of your household has received a Giveaway Item from each Workshop. For clarity: you or a member of your household has received a compost bin, a bokashi bucket and a worm far
- If clause 4(a) applies to you, you will become eligible to receive another Giveaway Item 2 years after you received your last Giveaway Item. You may, of course, attend more Workshops during this 2-year period but you will not receive a Giveaway Item.
Council means Wollongong City Council and includes its officers, employees, and contractors.
Giveaway Item means:
- in relation to the Traditional Composting Workshop - a compost bin;
- in relation to the Bokashi Composting Workshop - a bokashi bucket; or
- in relation to the Worm Farming Workshop - a worm farm (no worms).
Workshop means the Traditional Composting Workshop, Bokashi Composting Workshop or the Worm Farming Workshop hosted by Wollongong City Council (and Workshops means all or some of them as the case may be).
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Feedback
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water