Shopping second hand is a great way to reduce waste, keep items out of landfill, and save money.
Op shops, garage sales, markets and online sites have lots of great second hand options available for clothes, furniture, homewares and much more.
Some current second hand shopping options are shown below. This is provided as a guide only, and we can’t guarantee it’s correct.
If you have any questions, contact the organisations listed below, or search online for more information.
Based at our waste depot, the Revolve Centre recovers and sells useable goods to save them from going to landfill. Drop in to find books, homewares, furniture, sporting goods and more.
If you're building or renovating and want to add some unique features, try using second hand building materials.
Our Revolve Centre has lots of reclaimed buidling materials, like doors, windows, wood, metal, sinks and more.
There are several local groups that offer second hand goods for sale or trade. Some even provide items for free!
Please note that we don't endorse any particular organisations. These links are provided as a guide only, and details may change without notice.
- Freecycle Illawarra
- Oz Recycle
- Sydney and Illawarra LETS - trade without money
- Doll and Bear Rescue - contact the Wollongong Doll Club Inc on (02) 4229 7010 or (02) 4261 5263.
You can also find many local buy and sell groups on Facebook.
Many of the regular markets in our area include stallholders who sell pre-loved items.
Please note, we don't endorse any particular market,. This information is provided as a guide only, and details may change without notice.
- Coledale Markets on the fourth Sunday of each month at Coledale Primary School 9am - 3pm
- Dapto Showground Market every Sunday 7am - 1pm
- Warrawong Markets every Saturday 7am - 1pm
- Foragers Markets in Crown Street Mall every Friday 9am - 2pm, and the second Sunday of the month at Bulli Showground 9am - 2pm
- Eat Street Wollongong in Crown Street Mall every Thursday 5 - 9pm and at Bulli Showground the last Friday of the month 5 - 9pm
- Puckeys Night Market (see Facebook page) at UOW Innovation Campus, last Wednesday of the month 4 - 9pm
- Red Point Art on the Grass every second Saturday of the month 10am - 2pm, 100 Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food and Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Have Your Say
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTI Communities
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Sustainable Living