Notice: See our latest COVID-19 updates and support information Read more.
Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council


Outdoor fireworks are only allowed for public community events. They are not permitted for private events like weddings or parties.

If you want to hold a fireworks display, you will need to follow the guidelines set by SafeWork NSW, and advise Council at least seven days in advance.

Council can apply conditions to your fireworks display, or even object to it going ahead.

When you advise us about fireworks, you will need to include:

  • Details of the date, time and location of the event
  • Either your approval notice from SafeWork NSW or a copy of your application to SafeWork NSW
  • A copy of your public liability insurance certificate
  • A site plan for the fireworks display (outdoor fireworks only).

You must advise Council about fireworks at least five working days before your event.

Use the button below to make a fireworks notification.