Due to high demand, the Garden is currently booked to capacity and unable to host any additional community events.
Please see our full list of approved event sites for other locations that may be available.
Wollongong Botanic Gardens is a place of natural beauty and is a true gem of the Illawarra. It's located just outside the city centre, next to the main campus of the University of Wollongong.
The Garden is an ideal location for medium-sized events, and can cater for sophisticated food and wine festivals.
It’s also ideal for open-air cinema and cultural events.
|Capacity||This diverse venue has several open spaces. Call us on (02) 4227 7667 to discuss options.|
|Toilet available onsite||Yes|
- Activity from 7am to midnight
- All amplified noise to cease by 11pm
- All event activities to end, and all people to vacate the site by midnight.
- We Shop the Gong
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
Organise an Event
Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Stuart Park
- Lang Park
- Wollongong Foreshore
- The Arts Precinct
- MacCabe Park
- Osborne Park
- Dalton Park
- Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Greenhouse Park
- King George V Oval, Port Kembla
- Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
- JJ Kelly Park
- Thirroul Beach Reserve
- Rex Jackson Park and Ovals, Helensburgh
- Crown Street Mall and Globe Lane
- Information for Event Organisers
- Guide to Accessible and Inclusive Events
- Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism