Destination Wollongong may be able to support your major event in our city.
Destination Wollongong is not-for-profit organisation, responsible for destination marketing, major events and business events initiatives.
It provides funding and marketing support for major events. Preference is given to multi-day events which encourage overnight visitation and / or improve the reputation of our region.
As well as focused support for major events, Destination Wollongong offers free online listings for events of all sizes through the Destination NSW database.
Destination Wollongong is a member-based organisation and has strong links to accommodation and service providers, attractions, and local media.
Destination Wollongong is a separate entity from Wollongong City Council, with an independent board and its own charter. While it's not governed by Council, Destination Wollongong receives significant funding from us.
To learn more and talk with Destination Wollongong about your event:
- We Shop the Gong
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
Organise an Event
Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Stuart Park
- Lang Park
- Wollongong Foreshore
- The Arts Precinct
- MacCabe Park
- Osborne Park
- Dalton Park
- Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Greenhouse Park
- King George V Oval, Port Kembla
- Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
- JJ Kelly Park
- Thirroul Beach Reserve
- Rex Jackson Park and Ovals, Helensburgh
- Crown Street Mall and Globe Lane
- Information for Event Organisers
- Guide to Accessible and Inclusive Events
- Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism