Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council


As a pet owner you need to make sure your pet is properly registered, and doesn’t cause problems for other people or animals.

There are laws about how you need to treat pets and animals. Council acts to make sure people follow these laws.

To find out more, pick a topic below:

Annual permits for non-desexed cats, and restricted and dangerous dogs

From 1 July 2020, the NSW Government is introduced annual permits for non-desexed cats and restricted and dangerous dogs. If you own this type of pet, check the Office of Local Government website for more information.