A planning proposal is a request to change how land is zoned so certain types of development can go ahead.
Planning Proposals must demonstrate strategic merit by being consistent with local and regional policies, including the Wollongong Local Strategic Planning Statement PDF, 5172.09 KB.
Once a planning proposal is approved at Council level, it is sent to the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment to assess. You can read more about this process in Council's Planning Proposal Policy PDF, 255.47 KB.
- Types of Development
Development Policies and Guidelines
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Council's Development Policies
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Public Land
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Development Advice
- Submit a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works
- Activity Applications