An approval must be obtained to operate a manufactured home estate, caravan park or camping ground. It is an offence not to obtain this approval.
The Local Government (Manufactured Home Estates, Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Moveable Dwellings) Regulation 2021 deals generally with granting, amendment, extension, renewal. revocation and modification of approvals.
Approvals granted are time-limited and subject to conditions. A breach of any of these conditions is an offence under the Act.
You will need to apply online and attach relevant supporting documents. These include:
- A completed Manufactured Home Estate / Caravan Park / Camping Ground Registration Form PDF, 52.98 KB
- A copy of the current community map
- A fire safety statement signed by the owner/s of the premises, or a person acting on their behalf, for the maintenance fire services (eg hose reels, hydrants).
Before you can apply, you need to log in or register in our Online Services system.
Once you are logged in, select Lodge an Application, then Planning & Development and Local Government Act (Section 68) Application.
Fees apply when an inspection is undertaken by Council. This fee will be charged after the inspection takes place
View fees and charges for the operation of caravan parks, manufactured home estates and camping grounds, or see our full list of fees and charges.
- Types of Development
Development Policies and Guidelines
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Council's Development Policies
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Submit a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works