Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council

Work on Individual Sites

Before you install, replace or modify an existing structure on an individual site in a manufactured home estate, caravan park or camping ground, you must get the consent of the operator.

You may also need to get approval from Council, including if:

You will generally need Council’s permission for new installations, and alterations or extensions to existing structures if:

  • The site is on flood liable land, and the park or estate operator has been informed of this restriction
  • The work will be more than one storey high, or the subfloor is 2.1 metres or more above ground level
  • The work is different to the standards set out in state regulations.

You must get Council approval before doing any of the following work:

  • Enclosing a carport with roller doors, solid screens, sliding doors or walls
  • An extension to an existing part of a relocatable home, deck or annexe
  • Fences and rigid privacy screens
  • Installing rigid adjustable louvres or sliding doors to enclose an existing roofed area
  • Demolition and replacement of an existing structure
  • Moving an existing structure from one location to another.

Applications made after work has been done will be refused.

You can be fined, made to remove any work that was not pre-approved, or subject to legal action if you don’t follow the rules. You could even put the operator at risk of losing their permission to operate.

Where approval from Council is required, you will need to make an Activity Application online and provide relevant supporting documents. The type and amount of supporting information needed will vary for each case.

Please refer to the Lodgement Checklist - Activity Application  PDF, 31.18 KB to help prepare your application.

Apply online

Use the NSW Planning Portal to apply.

The button below will take you to the NSW Planning Portal to submit an application.

You will be asked to log in or create an account to get started.

For help using the NSW Planning Portal, please see the Applicant Resources page.

The operator of the caravan park, camping ground or manufactured home estate needs to notify Council within seven days of the approved work being finished.

Information that must be included in this notification can be found in:

You will need to pay Council fees when you lodge an application.

See fees and charges for Activity Applications or view Council's full list of fees and charges.