Before you install, replace or modify an existing structure on an individual site in a manufactured home estate, caravan park or camping ground, you must get the consent of the operator.
You may also need to get approval from Council, including if:
- the site is on flood liable land
- the installation is more than one storey
- you want to do something that varies from The Local Government (Manufactured Home Estates, Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Moveable Dwellings) Regulation 2005.
You will generally need Council’s permission for new installations, and alterations or extensions to existing structures if:
- The site is on flood liable land, and the park or estate operator has been informed of this restriction
- The work will be more than one storey high, or the subfloor is 2.1 metres or more above ground level
- The work is different to the standards set out in state regulations.
You must get Council approval before doing any of the following work:
- Enclosing a carport with roller doors, solid screens, sliding doors or walls
- An extension to an existing part of a relocatable home, deck or annexe
- Fences and rigid privacy screens
- Installing rigid adjustable louvres or sliding doors to enclose an existing roofed area
- Demolition and replacement of an existing structure
- Moving an existing structure from one location to another.
Applications made after work has been done will be refused.
You can be fined, made to remove any work that was not pre-approved, or subject to legal action if you don’t follow the rules. You could even put the operator at risk of losing their permission to operate.
Where approval from Council is required, you will need to complete a M4 Activity Application form and provide relevant supporting documents. The type and amount of supporting information needed will vary for each case. Please refer to the form and checklist below:
- M4 Activity Application Form PDF, 45.39 KB
- Lodgement Checklist - M4 Activity Application PDF, 31.18 KB
Hard copy applications can be lodged at our Customer Service Centre at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong between 8.30am and 4pm on weekdays.
The operator of the caravan park, camping ground or manufactured home estate needs to notify Council within seven days of the approved work being finished.
Information that must be included in this notification can be found in:
- Types of Development
Development Policies and Guidelines
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Council's Development Policies
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Submit a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works