Council looks after land in public spaces like parks, natural areas, recreation spaces and cultural or heritage sites. This is called Community Land.
Some of the Community Land we manage is owned by Council. Some of the Community Land we manage is Crown Land owned by the NSW Government.
We have Plans of Management that explain how we look after Community Land. Our current Plans of Management are shown below. Community Land that doesn’t have an individual Plan of Management is looked after in line with the Generic Plan of Management.
|PDF File||Andrew-Lysaght-Park-Plan-of-Management.pdf||406.1 KB|
|PDF File||Beaton-Park-Plan-of-Management.pdf||2.4 MB|
|PDF File||Coledale-Beach-Reserve-Plan-of-Management.pdf||1.2 MB|
|PDF File||Generic-Plan-of-Management-Community-Land-Maps.pdf||8.7 MB|
|PDF File||Generic-Plan-of-Management-for-Community-Land.pdf||818.8 KB|
|PDF File||Judbooley-Parade-Windang-Plan-of-Management.pdf||405.2 KB|
|PDF File||Mount-Keira-Summit-Park-Plan-of-Management.PDF||3.5 MB|
|PDF File||Sandon-Point-and-McCauleys-Beach-Plan-of-Management.pdf||3.4 MB|
|PDF File||Sandon-Point-and-McCauleys-Beach-Vegetation-Management-Plan.pdf||1.3 MB|
|PDF File||Stanwell-Park-and-Bald-Hill-Plan-of-Management.pdf||6.0 MB|
|PDF File||Wollongong-Botanic-Garden-Plan-of-Management-2020.pdf||1.8 MB|
|PDF File||Wollongong-City-Foreshore-Plan-of-Management.pdf||29.2 MB|
If you’d like to run an activity or event on Community Land, you will need to get Council’s approval. For Crown Land, you may also need permission from the State Government.
Information about some common uses of Community Land can be found using the links below:
- Park and Beach Hire
- Commercial Fitness Trainers
- Outdoor Restaurants PDF, 475 KB
- Commercial Surf Schools PDF, 60.66 KB
- Community Gardens
- Development on Public Land
To ask about other uses of Community Land, email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
When we create a new plan to manage Community Land, we invite the public to be part of the process. This helps us identify what people value most about that space, and how they’d like to see it used in future.
Opportunities to tell us what you think about how community land should be used will be promoted on the Our Wollongong website.
Plans of Management for Crown Land
Recent changes to the Crown Land Management Act mean that Council has to prepare Plans of Management for 46 Crown Reserves that we look after on behalf of the State Government.
We need to have Plans of Management for Crown Land in place by 30 June 2021.
We'll be developing these plans with input from the community about how they use these sites, and what they value about them. We will also look for opportunities to make sure any new plans fit in with our other existing plans for public land.
Plans of Management for Crown Land will be developed in three stages :
- Before we start drafting plans, we're asking the community for their comments
- Draft plans will be be prepared
- When approved by Council and the Minister for Industry, the draft plans will be put on exhibition for public comment before they're finalised.
You can stay up to date with opportunities to comment on draft Plans of Management for Crown Land through the Our Wollongong website.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land