Council looks after land in public spaces like parks, natural areas, recreation spaces and cultural or heritage sites. This is called Community Land.
Some of the Community Land we manage is owned by Council. Some of the Community Land we manage is Crown Land owned by the NSW Government.
We have Plans of Management that explain how we look after Community Land.
Draft Community Land Plan of Management for Council Owned Land
Council has prepared a draft Community Land Plan of Management for Council Owned Land.
You can read the draft plan and related maps below:
- Draft Community Land Plan of Management for Council Owned Land PDF, 17474.16 KB
- Draft Community Land Plan of Management Maps (full size - Suburbs A to L) PDF, 67862.53 KB
- Draft Community Land Plan of Management Maps (full size - Suburbs M to Z) PDF, 55624.82 KB
- Draft Community Land Plan of Management Maps (reduced file size - all suburbs) PDF, 22188.42 KB
A note on maps:
- Maps are arranged in alphabetical order by suburb name. The full-sized maps are provided in two parts (A to L, and M to Z).
- Map resolution may be poorer in the reduced file size version.
Feedback on the draft Plan will be invited shortly through the Our Wollongong website. Please check back soon for details on how you can comment on the draft Plan.
Our current Plans of Management are shown below. Community Land that doesn’t have an individual Plan of Management is looked after in line with the Generic Plan of Management.
|PDF File||Andrew-Lysaght-Park-Plan-of-Management.pdf||406.1 KB|
|PDF File||Beaton-Park-Plan-of-Management.pdf||2.4 MB|
|PDF File||Coledale-Beach-Reserve-Plan-of-Management.pdf||1.2 MB|
|PDF File||Generic-Plan-of-Management-Community-Land-Maps.pdf||8.7 MB|
|PDF File||Generic-Plan-of-Management-for-Community-Land.pdf||818.8 KB|
|PDF File||Judbooley-Parade-Windang-Plan-of-Management.pdf||405.2 KB|
|PDF File||Mount-Keira-Summit-Park-Plan-of-Management.PDF||3.5 MB|
|PDF File||Sandon-Point-and-McCauleys-Beach-Plan-of-Management.pdf||3.4 MB|
|PDF File||Sandon-Point-and-McCauleys-Beach-Vegetation-Management-Plan.pdf||1.3 MB|
|PDF File||Stanwell-Park-and-Bald-Hill-Plan-of-Management.pdf||6.0 MB|
|PDF File||Wollongong-Botanic-Garden-Plan-of-Management-2020.pdf||1.8 MB|
|PDF File||Wollongong-City-Foreshore-Plan-of-Management.pdf||29.2 MB|
Using Community Land
If you’d like to run an activity or event on Community Land, you will need to get Council’s approval. For Crown Land, you may also need permission from the State Government.
Information about some common uses of Community Land can be found using the links below:
- Park and Beach Hire
- Commercial Fitness Trainers
- Outdoor Restaurants PDF, 475 KB
- Commercial Surf Schools PDF, 60.66 KB
- Community Gardens
- Development on Public Land
To ask about other uses of Community Land, email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land