We're working to improve accessibility at our patrolled beaches to make them easier for everyone to enjoy, including people with disability.
Our Beach and Foreshore Access Strategy PDF, 13627.27 KB explains what Council does to support people of all abilities using our coastal areas.
Beaches that have features designed to support people with disability are shown below. Click on a beach to see details.
Request a free beach wheelchair
Free beach wheelchairs can be booked for use during patrol hours.
Beach wheelchairs are generally available at our accessible beaches, but we may be able to provide them at other beaches on request.
We can't guarantee to meet all requests, but we’ll do our best to get you on the beach at your preferred time and location.
Please read the Beach Wheelchair Hire Agreement PDF, 104.83 KB before you make a request.
Share your feedback
We welcome feedback from people with disability and their carers about your experience accessing our beaches.
Your feedback can help us find and fix problems, or plan for better access in future.
Sport and Recreation
- Our Pools
- UCI Bike City
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Sports Grants
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- The Arts Precinct
- Culture Mix
- Creative Dialogues
- Recent Projects
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong CBD