Report an issue
Found something that needs attention? Use the links below to let us know.
For urgent Council-related problems, call us on (02) 4227 7111. This is also our after-hours number.
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal issues
- Building and development issues
- Drains and stormwater pits
- Food and health issues
- Injury or damage claims
- Noise issues
- Park maintenance issues
- Playground and sportsground issues
- Roads and footpaths
- Rubbish and recycling
- Traffic and parking issues
- Trees, grass and plants
You can also use the button below to report an issue to us.
Common issues not managed by Council
Below are details of where you can report some common issues that we don't handle.
Endeavour Energy looks after street lights in our city. You can report problems to them:
- On the Endeavour Energy website, or
- Call 131 003.
Transport for NSW looks after state and main roads like the M1 Princes Motorway, Bulli Pass and Lawrence Hargrave Drive.
If you want to check if a road is managed by Council or Transport for NSW, call us on (02) 4227 7111.
Report damage to Telstra phone pits, pillars, cables or other equipment on Telstra’s website.
Contact SafeWork NSW to report work site safety issues.
If you think an outdoor smoking ban has been broken, report it to NSW Health.
If you find needles or syringes on public or private land, call the Needle Exchange on (02) 4275 1529.
This service is based at Port Kembla Hospital and operates between 8 am and 5.30 pm Monday to Friday. They can quickly arrange collection by a qualified person in most cases during these hours.
If you feel ok about handling the discarded needle or syringe safely, follow these steps:
- Place the needle in a strong puncture-proof container with a lid. Don't use a glass container as it can break.
- Carry the container to the needle, place the needle inside the container and ensure the lid is on tightly.
- Call the Needle Exchange to arrange for pick up or take to a drop off location.
You can also find details of local pharmacies that accept syringes for disposal on The Safe Sharps website.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food and Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Sustainable Living